So, what are some ways you might use the tournament bracket concept in your classroom?
- Have students generate simple statements summarizing key concepts or ideas. Have the class vote on the most concise and accurate statement using a bracket system.
- Have students complete a tournament bracket of the NCAA tournament and discuss probability and statistics based on predictions and outcomes.
- Use a bracket to set up a tournament in your classroom for assessment review.
- Have students create a list of books to "compete" in a tournament (great example here).
- Some other great resources and ideas for classroom use:
Now for the Fun!
EdTech Madness Voting Deadlines
Round 1 - Starts March 11, 2014
Round 2 - Starts March 17, 2014
Round 3 - Starts March 24, 2014
Round 4 - Starts March 31, 2014
Round 5 - Starts April 7, 2014
Winner Announced April 14, 2014!
In the spirit of March Madness, I created a bracket of EdTech tools. My intent was to create a fun activity, introduce (or re-introduce) tools, and generate conversation about technology tools that can be used in the classroom. There isn't one tool that is a one-size fits all for a teacher, student, or classroom, so have fun exploring and voting on your favorite tools!
Click on the button below to begin the voting!
Google Spreadsheet Template