- At registration, each teacher was asked to rank their interest level in the following themes - Countries, the Olympic Rings, Winter Olympic sporting events, South Korea, and Snow & Ice.
- We tried to assign each teacher their top choice of theme, but had to separate groups as equally as possible.
- Based on the theme they chose/were assigned, teachers were then grouped in rooms around that particular theme.
- We assigned a specific resource to each room that would be what they use for completing the challenge.
- We intentionally did not have leaders/facilitators in the room - we wanted to see the creativity come through when teachers were given some direction and set free.
- Each room was given a different resource with a different challenge (you can see on the handout from the link above)
- EVERYONE was given the same general constraints, as well as some additional ones that were specific to their resource/challenge
- EVERYONE was given the same time constraint - 45 minutes
- As part of one of their constraints/requirements, they were asked to find one of our student videographers/photographers and share/explain their creation.
In our district, we are using the 6C framework as established by the book, Becoming Brilliant.