Spelling City is very easy to use and would be a great way to post spelling activities on your teacher web site for students to practice in the computer lab or at home. To create a spelling list:
- Create a Spelling City account or log in if you are an existing user. To create an account, click on the Register link in the upper right-hand corner of the page (under the sign-in boxes).
- Click on the List Management link in the Teacher Toolbox in the upper right-hand corner of the page. When the List Management page opens, click the Create a New List link.
- Enter your spelling words on the list. Press Enter after each word to go to the next line.
- Select the desired Word Order and if you would like the list published or not. Select to have it published if you would like to link your list on another page (such as your teacher web page). Press the Save button.
- You will then be directed to your spelling list. Below your list of words will be three buttons - Test Me, Teach Me, Play a Game.
- Once you make your selection for testing, teaching, or games, copy the URL in your address bar and then paste it on your web site or other place for students to easily access the spelling test, lesson, or game.